One of the most popular ads in Thailand in 2014 was a two-minute spot called The Power of Love’ by telco Dtac and YR. Widely praised for the way it showed that human touch cannot be replaced by technology, the ad dispensed helpful parenting tips for young fathers left alone with their newborns. All fine except that childcare is a shared responsibility, and this ad was arguably perpetuating the age-old incompetent dad’ stereotype.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events