In 2013, Xiaomi released the first Redmi phones, with a price-performance ratio that immediately attracted legions of consumers while squeezing out rival brands.
Six years later, where does Xiaomi stand
On Tuesday, the company said on Weibo that sales of its Redmi Note 7 surpassed 20 million units in just seven months. Since January, Xiaomi has been treating Redmi as an independent brand. The company wants the Xiaomi brand to stand for...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events