Environmentally aware Australians are up in arms about a decision by Coles Supermarkets to continue providing sturdy, reusable plastic shopping bags to customers for free indefinitely, rather than sticking to a long-promoted new policy to start charging for them as of today.
The grocer phased out flimsy, single-use plastic bags on 1 July, and has been giving out sturdier, multi-use bags to customers since then, while urging shoppers to remember to bring the bags...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events