Amazon hiked its marketing spend by 30% to $8.2bn last year, making it a serious challenger to Procter Gamble and Unilever as the world’s biggest advertiser.
The tech giant said in its annual report that its marketing costs primarily consist of targeted online advertising, payroll and related expenses for personnel engaged in marketing and selling activities, and television advertising.
Amazon added that its marketing spend also includes promotional costs...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events