The video-sharing site used its anniversary to underline its founding commitment to be a place where anyone with a video camera and an internet connection can share a story with the world, but that only tells half the story.
Formed by three former PayPal employees in February 2005, YouTube has come to epitomise the explosion of user generated content, ushered in by the technology of the Web 2.0 era.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events