If you were genuinely surprised that WPP’s founder and CEO resigned, you simply haven’t been paying attention. WPP has had that “not-so-fresh feeling” for well over a year now.
This chart from Bloomberg may clarify the situation
WPP has lost about 35% of its value over the last 12 months. As a backdrop, the London Stock Exchange gained about 28%. Very few CEOs could have withstood these...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events