The escalation of these confirmed rumours’ may be the result of the iOS5’s integration with Twitter and Google’s acquisition of Motorola. “Facebook is building a phone because Facebook has to build a phone,” wrote Techcrunch columist MG Siegler.
Both HTC and Facebook have declined to comment on the issue, but numerous tech sites have pointed out that this was standard operating procedure for many tech companies.
Rumour or not, what would...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events