Tony Fernandes is perhaps best known as the music mogul-turned airline owner who bought the struggling AirAsia for the grand total of one ringgit in 2001. In the past 18 years, the budget airline has gone from two planes and 254 staff, to 260 planes and 2,100 staff. In 2001, it carried 200,000 passengers. That number has risen to 100 million in 2019.
That didn’t just happen overnight, nor was it magic. Fernandes emphasised...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events