According to Edelman’s Earned Brand’ study, which the agency presented in Tokyo this week, 39 percent of Japanese consumers are belief-driven buyers’ people who choose, switch, avoid or boycott brands based on the stance those brands take on societal issues. The research is based on responses from 14,000 people across 14 countries.
To be sure, 61 percent of people still aren’t really that engaged they are termed spectators’, seldom choosing or punishing brands for taking...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events