Last month, beauty brand SK-II released a powerful TV commercial about shèngnǚ 剩女, China’s 'leftover women'. Despite taking on an entrenched social norm, the ad went viral, receiving over 2 million views on YouTube and almost 3 million on Chinese video site Youku. See the ad below, and Campaign's original coverage, China’s “leftover women” stand up to marriage pressure and ChangeDestiny.
Created by Swedish agency Forsman Bodenfors,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events