Popular media dubbed him the world’s most famous adman. It’s an extraordinary accolade bearing in mind that Sir Martin Sorrell never ran an agency. Nor is he creative in a way that thousands of those who owe him their livelihoods would recognise.
Maybe this explains the sniffy attitude that advertising purists often held for the WPP founder as they chose to either to forget or ignore his massive contribution in making the global marcoms...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events