The scale of recent Japanese acquisitions of Western media properties and agencies has been matched only by the level of surprise among international observers.
In the case of Nikkei’s July agreement to buy the FT Group from Pearson, the surprise was that it happened at all Compared to the other suitor, Germany’s Axel Springer, Nikkei was a rank outsider.
As for Dentsu’s acquisition of Aegis Group in 2013, initial shock, again...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events