Australian financial-communications firm Honner promoted general manager and equity partner Paul Cheal to managing director, promoted account director and equity partner Susie Bell to general manager, and named founder Philippa Honner executive chair.
Asian video-on-demand service Hooq appointed Michael Fleshman as CTO to lead planning and development of the OTT platform. He has previously held roles at BBC Worldwide, Viacom, Financial Times and AOL.
Ashford Pritchard and Fran Foo launched new PR consultancy Kicker Communications in Sydney. Pritchard was the former innovation communications manager at KPMG Australia, while Foo edited The Australian’s IT section. Joining the team is ex-Sky journalist Lisa Creffield as head of content, and former social account director Amber Dermoudy as head of digital.
Jonathan Ye has taken up a new role at Huawei Technologies as head of digital and social for Asia-Pacific. Prior to that, Ye spent three years leading Starwood's performance, content and brand marketing for 11 hotel and resort brands.
ICYMI: Other moves, wins and deals we covered this week:
Havas Creative Group was selected as the digital and social agency of record for global luxury wine and spirit brand Moët Hennessy Australia following a competitive pitch at the end of 2016. The activity begins immediately and covers all brands in the Moët Hennessy portfolio, including Veuve Clicquot, Hennessy, Cloudy Bay and Dom Pérignon.
Digital-creative agency DT and consultancy Cannings, both part of WPP AUNZ, launched SCOUT, billed as a “comprehensive communications and strategic digital approach to issues and crisis management”. The offering includes advice and corporate positioning, crisis communication planning, stakeholder sentiment monitoring and analysis, simulation training, and real-time digital-response and reputation-recovery plans.
Ipsos launched Ipsos Public Affairs in Singapore and Malaysia. The unit conducts research on public policy issues and on the attitudes and behaviours of citizens and consumers and includes three sub-specialties: corporate and reputation research; government and public-sector research (including government, political and election research and social trends); and Global @dvisor, a 25-country online research service.
IAB Singapore announced its 2017 board members:
- Tobias Wilson, Chief Executive Officer (Singapore), Asia Pacific Digital (APD)
- Su-Lin Tan, Head, Sales Strategy & Operations, SPH Integrated Marketing
- Joe Nguyen, Senior Vice President APAC, comScore
- Joanna Flint, Managing Director, Google Singapore
- Sanchit Sanga, Chief Digital Officer, APAC, Mindshare
- Regan Baillie, Managing Director, Xaxis Singapore
- Laura Green-Wilkinson, Marketing & Communications Director, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Jack Lim, Chief Commercial Officer, MediaCorp Pte Ltd
- Ryan Pestano, General Manager APAC, IPONWEB
- Gavin Buxton, Vice President, APAC, S4M
- Roxanne Somboonsiri, Global Brand Manager, Facebook
- Andrew Calin, Head of Enterprise, HK & SEA, LinkedIn
- James Sampson, Vice President & General Manager, APAC, Dataxu
- Phil Townend, Chief Commercial Officer, APAC, Unruly