In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal, Shao Yang, vice president of marketing for Huawei's device division, admitted At Huawei, we are always very confident about technology and innovation. But understanding people more, this is the challenge.
Shao's admission is courageous, but it seems to reflect an Asian state of things, more than an issue at Huawei. Indeed, while western brands crowd Asian shelves in every category you can name from toothpaste...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events