Promote the Asia launch of BBC Earth with an online video campaign.
Vizeum defined three key emotional states where it felt BBC Earth Asia’s audience would be most receptive: when they wanted to escape, when they wanted to connect, and when they wanted to learn and discover.
The campaign created 162 short videos conforming to these emotional states.
To increase engagement by emotionally connecting the right audience with the right content at the right time, Vizeum created the ECCE (Emotional Content Connection Engine), which it refers to as an "artificial intelligence".
The ECCE used 21 different categories of behavioural and contextual data to identify consumers in a range of specific contexts and environments, and then served them the videos most likely to resonate. In addition, the system used the actions and non-actions of the audience to continuously refine its matching of users to specific videos as the campaign progressed. The campaign ran from September through December last year in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Taiwan.
- In three months, organic views of BBC Earth Asia’s content increase by 300 percent
- The campaign racked up 5.8 million views, with an average of 36,000 organic views per video.
- BBC Earth in Asia became the most watched channel in its category, according to Kantar Media Singapore.
- The campaign took home a silver and a bronze award at Spikes Asia Awards 2016 in the media category.
- Vizeum also won ‘Best use of video’ at the 2016 M&M Global Awards, beating six global competitors and marking the first time Vizeum Asia Pacific brought home a global award.