The brand will open a shop on the premises of Laox, a duty-free complex in Shinjuku that is a prime destination for Chinese tourists in Tokyo. Sales in Hong Kong have shrunk steadily in recent years and fell by nearly 26 over a six-month period to September, due largely to a 4.5 percent fall in tourism last year. The dip is the largest since the Sars outbreak in 2003.
Chow Tai Fook operates 19...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events