According to Kantar Worldpanel's Asia Brand Power 2015 report, local brands now attract 74 per cent of total FMCG spend, and grew their sales 8 per cent in the last year, compared with 4 per cent for global brands.
The brands that grew gained on average 685,000 new shoppers over the year, while the brands with declining sales lost 628,000 shoppers, indicating that increasing reach and penetration has a direct impact on sales growth....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events