It’s a difficult time to be an FMCG company, especially a foreign one, operating in China, according to a new report from Bain Company and Kantar Worldpanel.
The China Shopper Report 2016, based on 2015 data, shows that value growth hit a five-year low of 3.5 percent, the average growth in annual FMCG spending per household slowed to 0.8 percent and selling prices also increased less than in prior years.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events