Jason Yu, general manager at Kantar Worldpanel China, said, So far, there is no dominant national player a reflection of the fact that local chains are increasingly competitive and often have a significant stronghold in certain regions.”
The foreign brand Walmart Group with outlets Walmart and Trust-Mart is currently the largest grocery retail brand in China, but it merely represents 3.6 per cent in sales value share. Its household penetration rate is 21.3 per cent.
CR Vanguard Group and RT...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events