Amazon has reported its largest ever quarterly profit, at $2.5bn 1.91bn, on the back of a growing contribution from ad sales, which are higher margin than its core retail business.
Spending from hundreds of thousands of advertisers was a big contributor to the quarter, Amazon chief financial officer Brian Olsavsky told the media on its earnings call last night.
Olsavsky said the company was seeing strong adoption not just from merchants...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events