A patent application filed and published by Google's researchers aims to tackle the problem of fake reviews by giving more credence to reviews by local users who visit the sales and service locations more frequently.
According to the filing, the location-based data of a user being tracked by Google would be given primacy in authenticating and weighing the value of a review.
The scale of the challenge in tackling fake...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events