Though competitive video gaming traces its origins to the 1970s almost as far back as the birth of video gaming itself it has taken decades to reach acceptance and some major players remain hesitant to log on.
“Many brands or investors struggle to grasp why so many people would watch others play video games for entertainment,” says Drew Holt-Kentwell, the Singapore-based founder and managing director of Catalyst Esports Solutions. “That’s a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events