Chinese people are busy with preparations for the Mid-Autumn Festival, and merchants want to take advantage of the period. However, Japanese brand Muji has encountered troubles due to a statement on Weibo that caused strong dissatisfaction among some Chinese consumers.
Muji described the location of a planned event using the term French Concession in a 10 September post, which caused immediate dissatisfaction among some netizens.
As of today, the Weibo topic 无印良品道歉...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events