Apple looks set to put even tougher restrictions on ad tracking as it prepares to release a new version of iOS, its iPhone operating system, next month.
The company’s WebKit team has released a new policy statement that says its Intelligent Tracking Prevention technology will be expanded. ITP originally blocked third-party cookies being dropped into Safari, Apple’s web browser, on iPhones.
However, some ad tech players have developed workarounds...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events