Google is being accused of using a GDPR workaround in order to feed users’ personal data to advertisers.
Evidence submitted to Ireland’s Data Protection Commission this week raises questions about Google’s Authorized Buyers advertising exchange previously called DoubleClick, which is active on 8.4 million websites.
Johnny Ryan, chief policy and industry relations officer at anti-ad-tracking browser Brave, said he has discovered secret web pages that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events