Google is giving users greater oversight and control over how they are tracked across the internet, in a move that could have drastic implications for the current online advertising model.
At its annual IO developer conference on Tuesday, the business announced a new set of controls to its Chrome search engine that requires developers to specify which cookies can track users.
Those cookies can then be easily pooled in Chrome’s cookie...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events