White Ops, which sells fraud detection technology, claims it has found the single most profitable bot operation to date and is pointing the finger at Russian cyber criminals.
Other botnets have cost advertisers and publishers more like US$200,000 making this so called Methbot the most advanced to hit the industry so far.
According to White Ops' whitepaper, the botnet operation scams advertisers and publishers by providing millions of fake...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events