Dark social’ is where consumers share text, images and links via emails or instant messages, and selectively share with their intimate social networks’ rather than posting onto public social networks.
The advertising technology company’s first Southeast Asia report of dark social’ trends showed that email and IM sharing is a larger consumer-sharing channel than all public social-network sharing combined, accounting for 90 percent of consumer online sharing of a brand’s content.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events