The video above is a new ad for a new black variety of canned Nescafé. If the ad seems underwhelming or strange to you, then you did not grow up in Hong Kong in the 1980s. If you had, you'd probably know the ad below, from 1986, for Bigen hair colour. Like the Nescafé work above, it stars well-known local actor Kenneth Tsang.
The old commercial for Bigen, as objectively bad as...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events