Lao Gan Ma or Old Godmother, a household-name chili sauce in China, has a cult following of hundreds of millions globally thanks to low price and unique flavor. Even American wrestler John Cena expressed his love for the sauce in a video on China's Weibo last year.
Since its founding in 1997, the sauce brand has avoided promotion. But recently, the brand released its first TV commercial, which immediately went viral on Weibo,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events