Alibaba's AI Labs said it has upgraded the AI platform behind its Tmall Genie smart speaker, adding visual-recognition capabilities that allow the device to scan and read over 100 sets of children's books as well as 40,000 medicine boxes, according to the company.
Genie owners need to buy an RMB 49 US$7.73 phone holder attachment branded the XHolder and then scan a QR code to enable Genie FireEye, a new function in the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events