The Cambridge Analytica scandal and its methods certainly piqued adland’s interest. If such powerful secret weapons existed, were they already something in marketers’ arsenals, and if not, could and should they be used for commercial purposes
Indeed, the IPA’s president, Sarah Golding, wrote in Campaign earlier this year The bad guys are simply using tools originally designed for the likes of Bed Bath Beyond. I suggest it’s time we took them back.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events