Facebook has dropped its appeal and has agreed to pay a 500,000 fine issued by UK regulators investigating the misuse of personal data in political campaigns.
The Wednesday 30 October announcement comes a day after MPs in the UK voted to run a general election on 12 December. Facebook, the world's biggest social media platform, has become a key tool in election campaigning due to its reach as a highly popular platform and a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events