Facebook has revealed it has found new shortcomings in its data protection systems within the last month and announced new privacy standards after settling a $5bn 4bn fine with the US competition watchdog.
Today the Federal Trade Commission confirmed the fine, which had been expected since April, over the way tens of millions of users’ data was harvested by Cambridge Analytica to help Donald Trump’s 2016 election campaign.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events