Two weeks ago, a picture appeared on Brazilian Vogue’s Instagram page as part of a publicity campaign for the 2016 Paralympic Games that kicked off this week in Rio de Janeiro.
It created a media storm. The issue None of those pictured were disabled. Instead, they were able-bodied models and actors with disabilities added in on Photoshop.
This story demonstrates the problems with the portrayal of disability in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events