Fonterra is in a unique position as not only the purveyor of consumer-facing brands but also a major supplier of raw ingredients. So while it’s not in the direct line of public fury, it is subject to the anger of major trade customers.
In August, Danone found that batches of whey protein concentrate supplied by Fonterra had been contaminated by clostridium bacteria.
The scandal cost baby formula manufacturer Dumex US$275...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events