Starbucks' new chief executive, Kevin Johnson, has credited innovation in products and store design for a 4 percent increase in global like-for-like sales in the 13 weeks ending 2 July.
The coffee chain's total revenues in the quarter were up 8 percent to $5.7 billion, with operating income up 2 percent to $1.04 billion.
Starbucks also announced it would take full ownership of its Chinese business after comparable sales there grew 7...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events