Taro Aso, Japan’s embattled prime minister and leader of the Liberal Democratic Party LDP, is hoping to replicate the success of US president Barack Obama’s electoral campaign by using social media in the run-up to Japan’s general election.
Breaking with tradition, Aso and fellow candidates have used a QA platform initiated by Google and YouTube in Japan. By inviting celebrities and the public to pose policy-related questions, the candidates are hoping to dispel...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events