Social-media platform Snapchat's parent company has doubled down on Spectacles with the launch of a new range despite its lack of success with the original, which it launched at the end of 2016.
In its Annual Report, Snap disclosed $39.9 million in inventory-related charges for unsold Spectacles. The report said the charges were due to excess inventory reserves and inventory purchase commitment cancellation charges in the third quarter of 2017.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events