In the era of business 'purpose', it seems the old adage that any publicity is good publicity no longer rings true if it ever really did.
For the eternal cynics, 'woke-washing' a term famously coined by Unilever chief executive Alan Jope that refers to corporations adopting the veneer of progressive values for profit leaves some uncomfortable. For others, 'purpose' gives brands a chance to stand up for what they believe in, to challenge norms...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events