Woke-washing is threatening advertising’s credibility and trust, Unilever’s chief executive, Alan Jope, has warned.
Ad campaigns that promise to improve the world but fail to take real action are having a damaging impact on the industry, he told the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity today.
Jope explained that when purposeful marketing is done properly and responsibly, it can help restore trust in brands. However, he added, this is at an...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events