Should the two groups merge as planned, the new entity would immediately have revenues of over $23 billion and more than 40 per cent of the global ad market.
Significant share price movement is expected when the markets open on Monday, both for Omnicom and Publicis, as well as for their rivals British group WPP and US-based Interpublic Group.
Publicis boss Maurice Levy is lined up to be the chairman of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events