When it launched in Japan in 2016, Perform Group’s DAZN promised to shake up the market by “empowering fans” to watch sports content more easily and affordably.
The proposition has had encouraging uptake from typical sports enthusiasts, which in Japan means baseball and to a lesser degree football fans. The company does not disclose subscriber numbers or targets, but Kay Matsuoka, head of PR, says it has seen “constant growth” since hitting 1...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events