While Chuan and MySpace have not given a reason for his departure, Chinese reports speculate that Chuan has left because MySpace China had little room to deviate from MySpace’s global template, giving him little room to build a workable localised site.
Chuan, a former Microsoft China executive, had headed up MySpace China since its launch in April last year.
MySpace, a holding of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events