GroupM has downgraded its 2018 and 2019 ad investment growth predictions.
WPP’s media shop forecasts this year’s expectations to drop from 4.5% to 4.3%, while next year also whittled from 3.9% to 3.6%, with total new investment anticipated to reach $19 billion instead of the $23 billion earlier predicted.
Recent U.S. dollar appreciation versus just about every other currency helped suppress this growth.
GroupM’s still strong...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events