Godiva is challenging the norms of Valentine’s Day gift-giving in Japan by urging people to only give to those who actually mean something to them.
The Belgian confectionary brand announced its stance with an ad in the Nikkei newspaper a message from Jerome Chouchan, managing director for Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand, asking Japan to end the practice of giri choco’obligatory gifting of chocolates to colleagues and acquaintances on Valentine’s Day....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events