Two sessions on the first day of Spikes Asia 2017 suggested that brands need to put less focus on ads and instead prioritise the generation of real culture and meaningful acts to reach consumers.
In a presentation titled “How do brands create culture, not advertising”, the global group creative director of Twitter, Jayanta Jenkins, said that if they want to make relevant work, agencies should stop pursuing “the cool effect”.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events