A whiff of danger surrounded Fearless Girl when she first appeared on International Women’s Day. The statue had been erected in the dark of night, a sleight of hand that felt like the ballsiest of protest art. Observers could be forgiven for thinking Banksy had struck again.
Of course, the statue was officially sanctioned from the start. It was not quite art, but rather a clever advertising trick from McCann and State Street Global...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events