We are delighted to announce that our 2018 Agency of the Year Awards competition is now open for entry.
The 2018 Agency of the Year Awards marks the 25-year anniversary of celebrating achievements in the world’s most exciting and fastest-growing media, marketing and advertising markets. It is also an opportunity to recognize the Award’s efforts in establishing the region’s most rigorous and prestigious competition platform.
Through stringent entry criteria, highly respected judges, and independent auditing, the Agency of the Year Awards have maintained a long-running tradition of integrity and credibility. With results tabulated by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the Awards continues to be the only competition to be audited by a third party.
As you prepare your entries, we would like to note a few changes to this year’s entry criteria. In an effort to continue elevating regional standards of achievement and competition, the 2018 Awards seeks to ensure the accuracy of each entry submission through compulsory management endorsement. In addition, the Judges reserve the right to raise queries regarding information submitted, and there are some changes to the way business growth must be stated, to ensure transparency.
These details are listed below, and a full explanation of the 2018 entry criteria is available in the Agency of the Year Awards entry kit for each region.
- Every entry must be accompanied with an endorsement from both agency’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or equivalent to ensure that all information submitted are truthful and in adherence with the competition guidelines.
- Digital signatures are not acceptable. Physical signatures are required from both CEO and CFO, or equivalent.
- Judges reserve the right to raise queries regarding information submitted and submissions with evidence of inaccurate or misleading claims will be disqualified.
New requirements for business growth have also been added to increase accuracy and transparency of revenue earned:
- New wins to be stated at a total of gross value and the period over which services are delivered. Entrants must state whether the services are provided directly by their agency or via a subsidiary/affiliate.
- For each account, the direct client or brand name, markets and disciplines covered must be included. Entrants must indicate whether the account is a direct pitch win or global/regional alignment.
- Total billed revenue (includes total value of contract and the period which the revenue is earned) during the eligibility period must be disclosed.
By tightening the entry criteria, we seek the make the Awards as fair as possible to all who enter and can better ensure that all entries accurately representing the work done. For complete details on this year’s entry criteria, please refer to the 2018 Agency of the Year entry kit.
As the Awards aims to celebrate and award the region’s most outstanding agency work, rigorous criteria and judging remains a crucial and unchanging pillar in the Award’s foundation. The judging panel will be exclusively comprised of senior marketers from key business categories. Only achievements relating to the period of October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018 will be evaluated by our judges.
For more information on this year’s competition, we invite you to visit AOYAwards.com. If you believe your agency, people and clients have a fantastic story to share, send us your submission. We look forward to celebrating with you at the 2018 Agency of the Year Awards!
For marketing and sponsorship enquiries, please contact:
Head of Sales, SEA
Direct: +65 6579 0532
Senior Account Manager
Direct: +65 6579 0559
Commercial Director North Asia
Direct: +852 3175 5974
Business Development Director
Direct: +852 3175 1965