In February, Japanese vegetable and fruit juice producer Kagome took advantage of the government’s new Food with Functional Claims’ labeling system to revamp its packaging to highlight the cholesterol-lowering benefits of lycopene in its core Kagome Tomato Juice line. Unit shipments of this product rocketed 3.3-fold within just three weeks. This reversed a downward spiral in sales after the domestic market for tomato juice peaked in 2012 on the strength of the perceived powers of this juice in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events